Report – 2013 Audi R8 now available in India
Posted on: Jan 21, 2013 - 11:21pm IST
Audi India launched the 2013 Audi R8 in the capital today with a slight increase in the price tag justified by a short list of improvements and additions.
Here’s a complete lowdown on what’s different on the new R8. Now you decide whether it’s just a facelift or a little more than that.
- New all-LED headlights and dynamic turn signals in the rear on all models. Their configuration is new – a special control unit transforms the strip-like daytime running lights into turn signals. The LEDs for the high and low beams are located above and below the daytime running lights. The headlights also include a static turning light.
- The bumper has been redesigned. In all Audi R8 models, the black air intakes that direct air to the radiator and the brakes have three crossbars.
- The new single frame grille has tapered top corners. The four rings are not on the grille, but on the hood.
- 18 or 19 inch wheels are stylized with a new rim design.
- Controls and trim variants get chrome rings and strips.
- Needles of the instrument cluster have been redesigned.
- Endowed with an aluminium finish, the paddles are larger.
- With the all-new seven-speed S tronic gearbox, all versions of the Audi R8 accelerate from zero to 100 km/h three-tenths of a second faster than the previous models.
- Engines are 4.2L V8 and 5.2 L V10 with dry sump lubrication.
- Better fuel economy is claimed too.
- Lightweight, yet extremely stiff aluminium ASF body that weighs approximately 45kg lighter than its predecessor.
- The R8 Spyder comes with a lightweight, electrohydraulically activated soft top.
2013 Audi R8 Image Slideshow
[can’t see the slideshow above? Head over to Flickr]