Here are two more teasers of the 2013 Skoda Octavia
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Why are we showing you teasers of the 2013 Octavia when spyshots of the undisguised car are available? – We don’t get to see the design features of the car up-close through the spyshots, and we want to ensure that we leave no stone unturned on this new launch, or any other upcoming launch.
What you need to know about the 2013 Skoda Octavia
- It will be the first car in India donning the MissionL/VisionD design language
- It will also be the first VW Group car to use the MQB Platform
- The new Octavia is longer and wider than the outgoing model. It has a 590L boot space volume, just 5 liters short of the bigger Superb!
- It retains the current engines (or displacements). The diesel lineup consists of the 1.6-liter (Vento’s engine) and the 2-liter unit carried over from the existing Laura, while the petrol motors displace between 1.2-1.8-liters.
- The new Octavia is expected in India before Diwali 2013. Skoda India has not discussed the prospects of this car, or its branding which maybe either Octavia or Laura.
- The 2013 Octavia competes with the Hyundai Elantra, Corolla Altis, Renault Fluence and Chevrolet Cruze.
The 2013 Octavia will be showcased in Prague in the next few days. Skoda may either show the Octavia now and announce prices at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013, or drop all the details at the Prague launch.