What all features does the new Range Rover hold?
Gaurav Malik, A fellow wheeler who has been associated with Indian Autos Blog since December 2011 and a huge fan of SUVs. What's my favorite one you ask? It has to be the Range Rover!
The 2013 Range Rover is packed with a mouthwatering list of features that we’re going dive into on this post. For a luxury SUV that costs 1.72 crores, one comes to expect every imaginable feature on board, but have you quantified them?
Apart from a tank’s build quality and supreme off-roading capability, the new Range Rover holds enough tech to make the geekiest of drivers refer the manual and discover something new on each journey!
Build and Construction
- The new Range Rover sits on an entirely new all-aluminium structure, which makes it the world’s first SUV of its kind. A whooping 420kg of weight has been shed in the process.
- The lightweight suspension setup includes Adaptive Dynamics and Terrain Response 2, which enables the car to provide exceptional wheel articulation.
Engine and Transmission
- The 5.0L 510PS LR-V8 supercharged petrol engine pushes the car from zero to 100kph in just 5.4 seconds.
- The 4.4L 339PS 700Nm SDV8 diesel engine is expected to notch up most of the bookings in India.
- Both the engines come paired to an 8-speed transmission.
- The water wading depth of the car has improved by 200mm to a total of 900mm.
- The new Range Rover also holds the title of the best towing vehicle in its class with a 3,500 kg trailer capability.
- The new Range Rover has the world’s largest sunroof fitted to any car and it can stand up to three times the gross weight of the car
- The roof can be painted in the color of your choice
- Acoustic Laminated, heated front windscreen
- Adjustable, Auto-Dimming, Heated, Powerfold Memory Exterior Mirrors with approach lamps
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Automatic Headlamps with High Beam Assist
- Adaptive Xenon Headlamps with LED daytime running lights including ‘power wash’
- LED tail lamps
- Front park distance sensors with Visual Display
- Surround camera system
- Soft door close – Automatically shuts the door for you
- Powered upper and lower trunk/ tail gate
Interior and Multimedia Features
- Heated wood and leather steering wheel with multi-function controls
- Four-zone premium climate control
- Auto-Dimming interior mirror
- Customer configurable interior lighting
- Meridian surround sound audio system with 26 speakers delivering a combined output of 1,700W
- Rear seat entertainment system with touch-screen remote control
- 8-inch dual view touch-screen display in front
- Television tuner
- Bluetooth phone connection with audio streaming
- Semi-Aniline leather seats with 18 way adjustable front seats. Front and rear climate seats, front massage seats, front memory seats, rear power recline, 4 way rear seat power lumbar
- Rear cooler box
Safety and Security Features
- Keyless entry
- Volumetric Alarm & Perimetric Alarm with engine immobilization
- Driver and Passenger airbags – Side, seat-front, thorax and pelvis
- Hill Descent Control
- Dynamic Response
- Dynamic and roll stability control
- Electronic Brake-force distribution
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic Stability program, Roll stability control
- Emergency brake assist
- Cornering brake control
- Cruise control with Active-Speed Limiter
- Active rear locking differential
2013 Range Rover Image Slideshow
[can’t see the slideshow above? Head over to Flickr]