Ford has just unveiled the all-new EcoSport urban SUV in Delhi. It is powered by the smallest EcoBoost engine yet – 1.0-liter 3cyl engine that fits on an A4 paper.
Ford officials before the unveiling
- Figo went to 30 countries from the Chennai plant
- 2/3 every Figo customers are first time car buyers
- Eight new products started with the Fiesta
- In 2014, the Sanand plant will be inaugurated – 5,000 new jobs created as a result
- We’re working on innovative cars for the small car market that are more aspirational. New wave of products in Sanand and Chennai will produce engines and vehicles for India and beyond. 444,000 cars by 2014
Ford EcoSport – In Ford’s words
- Decidedly unboxy – Friendly, engaging and contemporary – Urban SUV ready for work and inviting for fun
- Designed for markets in the growing region – Markets with big, crowded and urban highways
- Vehicles which gives drivers a commanding view – Never has Ford offered so much product in such a small footprint
- Right size for traffic, parking, fuel economy – Right sized and shaped for urban customers
- Stance – Emphasize the ruggedness – Sleek in profile – Innovative proportion
- Design conveys efficiency in tear drop design – Evolution of Kinetic language – Inverted trapezoidal grille gives a strong, proud look – Visually premium feel reflecting customer aspiration – First global model with new design language.
- Class-leading fuel economy – 1-liter 3cyl engine – newest in EcoBoost range – First for India – turbocharging with direct injection in a small engine gives customers outstanding fuel economy and power of a 1.6-liter engine.
- 1.0-liter engine produces up to 120PS, 170Nm, 140g/km CO2 emissions
- Same platform as Fiesta
- Tomorrow morning at Auto Expo EcoSport makes global debut
2012 Ford EcoSport preliminary images
2012 Ford EcoSport Image Slideshow
Can’t see the slideshow? Head over to the Ford EcoSport Flickr page.