Toyota Fortuner update – From the press conference
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Here are some of the details discussed during the vehicle’s launch
– 2,000+ Fortuners booked even before price announcement
– TKM (Toyota Kirloskar Motors) targets 52,000 vehicles by the year end in overall sales.
– Fortuner is placed even to attract sedan buyers
– Only manual transmission released; automatic transmission variant by this year end
– free trade agreement with Thailand helps ease matters. The Fortuner is a CBU brought in from Thailand
– On the sidelines, TKM has announced that there will be no Altis diesel in the near future.
– TKM has a 3% market share in the Indian auto market now.
– By 2010 end, the compact car will be launched
– hybrid vehicle Prius is still in the freezer.Talks are on with the government for alternate fueled vehicle benefits.